Steam cleaning is a great way to clean delicate upholstery. If you have a couch that is covered with a soft fabric which cannot be cleaned with harsh soaps or solvents, using a steam cleaner is the best option.
Steam cleaning not only sanitizes the entire couch but also gets rid of stubborn stains, grease spots and grime stuck between the fibres.
Follow The Steps Given Below to Easily Steam Clean your Couch at Home in Hobart:
- Step 1: Before you start steam cleaning, vacuum your couch. Vacuuming your couch will remove any loose dirt particles, dust or trash stuck between the fibres of the fabric.
- Step 2: If you have stains or spots on your couch, treat these before using a steam cleaner. You can spray some stain removal solvents or use a mixture of baking soda and cornstarch with water to get rid of them. Vinegar and rubbing alcohol can also be used, especially for treating grease spots. Let the cleaning agent sit for about 5 minutes before wiping it with a damp, clean cloth. Then you can use your steam cleaner on the affected area.
- Step 3: Sometimes when a couch has not been cleaned in a long time, the fibres might trap too much dirt and grime. If this is the case with your couch, use cleaning products like soil emulsifiers to treat your couch fabric. Apply the emulsifier all over the couch and wait for a few minutes. Then spray a thin layer of couch cleaning in Hobart. When you steam clean the couch, the steam will draw out the emulsifier and the shampoo, cleaning the thoroughly.
- Step 4: There are many steam cleaners available and you need to choose the right one. Make sure the steam cleaner that you pick is suitable for your fabric. You can use a handheld or a detachable steam cleaner, but avoid using the large, bulky steam cleaners which are used for carpet cleaning.
- Step 5: Get your steam cleaner ready by pouring water as per the instructions given. Follow the instructions carefully and add a suitable cleaning solution. Do not mix too much cleaning solution with water as that might damage the fabric.
- Step 6: Start using the steam cleaner on the cushions first. Gently drag the cleaner over the cushions and down the sides, to clean the entire surface. The steam cleaner will first dampen the fabric and then draw out the water along with all the dirt and dust particles.
- Step 7: When you start cleaning the couch itself, do not drag the cleaner all over it. Clean one section at a time. If you apply the steam all over at once, the couch might absorb too much water.
- Step 8: Once you have finished cleaning the couch and the cushions, allow the couch to dry completely. The steam will have drawn out most of the water but the fibres will still be damp. It needs to dry before use as otherwise there will be mildew growth.
To get professional steam cleaning results, contact Shine Cleaning Services today.